MSU International Law Revew: February 2016 Newsletter
International Law Review--the second largest journal at Michigan State University College of Law--was established in 1992 as The Journal of International Law & Practice at The Detroit College of Law. Since our inception, ILR has committed to the study and promotion of cutting edge legal issues at home and abroad. Our publications and annual symposia highlight our dedication to bringing the world to MSU Law and taking MSU Law out into the world.
Upcoming Events: MSU International Law Review's Annual Symposium 2016
Emerging Narratives: Developments in Global Drug Policies
This year's symposium will focus on exploring issues related to drug policies. It will address new and exciting developments in drug policy platforms across the globe. Our goal is to highlight social and economic problems as a result of existing drug policies and enforcement tactics. By presenting on various countries' innovative approaches to drug policy, we can hopefully spur a debate on the value and effectiveness of different approaches to regulating drugs.
The symposium will incorporate diverse subject areas related to drugs, including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, border regulation, mass incarceration, and criminal justice reform.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Dr. Caitlin E. Hughes - Senior Research Fellow at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre for Australia
- Dr. Bianca Buechner, Ph.D., L.L.M. - Affiliate Faculty Member at the Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law and Hannover University
- Beau Kilmer - Senior Drug Policy Researcher for RAND Corp.
- Kenneth R. Pina, RPh, J.D. - Founder of Core Risks Ltd., a global provider of specialized consulting services to select business sector and author of the casebook "A Practical Guide to FDA's Food and Drug Law and Regulations"
- Hannah Hetzer - Senior Policy Advisor for the Americas for the Drug Policy Alliance
- Carrie L. Rosenbaum - Adjunct Professor at Golden Gate University School of Law
RSVP online here: http://www.law.msu.edu/global-drug/register.php
More details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/767460520053048/
Recent Legal Forum Publications: February 2016 Edition
Congratulations to MSU ILR's newly selected Editorial Board!
As ILR enters its 25th year, it is our pleasure to announce the Michigan State International Law Review Editorial Board for the 2016-2017 academic year. We look forward to the incoming E-Board continuing ILR's tradition of excellence.
Editor-in-Chief: Stephen Ragatzki
Executive Editor: Tyler Seling
Managing Editors: Abbie Carver; Courtney McCausland; Savannah Priebe
Notes and Comments Editors: Calla Ketchens; Laura Bassett
Online Managing Editor: Gary Gonzalez
Articles Editors: Bradley Bourne; Andrea Fogelsinger; Andrew Hargrove; Kelly Kane; Hilary McDaniel
Assistant Articles Editor: Kelsey Janssen